Human Form, Human function by McConnell & Hull © 2011 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Natalie Intven, MSc.BMC
I am a medical and scientific illustrator based in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. I completed a Masters of Science in Biomedical Communications at the University of Toronto (2008), with a focus on medical illustration and interactive media design.
As part of the illustration team at Imagineeringart.com for 11 years, I created illustrations, animations, and digital learning solutions for educational publishing platforms. See the list of publications and links below.
Career Interview for University of Toronto
I was honoured to be interviewed by a great group of U of T students about my work as a Medical Illustrator at Imagineeringart.com, Inc., and the path that led me here, including my education in the Master of Science in Biomedical Communications Program. We chat about the future of medical and scientific educational media, and how my career in traditional textbook illustration is evolving into the creation of interactive digital learning tools.
Profiling Opportunity – Pathways to the Future (POP) is a video project led by a team of life science students creating original videos that spotlight career possibilities & opportunities for life science students. This is a initiative with the Cell Systems Biology Department and the Faculty of Arts and Science’s Step Forward Program at the University of Toronto.
As part of a collaborative team of artists at Imagineeringart.com, I played a major role in creating content for illustration programs in the following publications:
Moore – Clinically Oriented Anatomy, 7th edition – Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2012
- Lead artist role: Initial art style development and colour palette design
- Art direction and content review for each figure, and illustrated many figures within the book
- This textbook includes over 1100 medical illustrations, originally created by esteemed medical illustrators over many years, later re-created by illustrators at Imagineering. The 7th edition features a completely revitalized art program with updated rendering styles, a unified colour palette, and enhanced anatomical accuracy.
- Look inside at amazon.com to see a preview of the introductory chapter.
Saladin –Anatomy & Physiology 6e – McGraw-Hill 2012
- Cover illustration (over photo)
McConnell – Human Form, Human Function: Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology– Wolters Kluwer / Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2010